This blog

Hello,

When I started this blog, I had an idea of how I wanted to present my content and how often I wanted to post. I started this blog at a time in my life when a lot of things were occuring. Good things, but many things. Then, things started to slow down. So did my posting. I have big gaps of time where I didn't post anything at all. And I felt guilty. Instead of getting back to it, I ended up not posting. 

I wanted this blog to be more about the adventures we go on, details about camping trips, conservation areas, hikes, etc. I didn't want it to be too personal, even if it was a way to keep track of our outings. I am at a point where I've noticed, though, that I keep encouraging others to follow their dreams and thoughts. It could be for simple everyday things, or big and challenging tasks. I don't even follow that in my own life. I should listen to my own advice. There are things I want to accomplish. I need to figure out exactly what those things are and sit down, write and plan it all out. Not that every little adventure has to be planned out in full, but just knowing where I want to go and such. So on a weekend, I can say, "OK, this weekend we are going to hit the <insert trail name>." and be able to know where we need to go and what we need to bring for that hike or outing. 

I watch videos of people accomplishing their dreams by completing thru hikes and other outdoor adventures, while I sit on my couch and feel like I should be able to do it, too. I do have reasons that I can't take off for months at a time, but I should be pushing myself to at least accomplish other adventures in the capacity in which I am able to. 

I recently discovered a coworker who watches the same hiking/outdoors YouTubers and both have a love of hiking and the like. She has shared that she wants to accomplish bigger trails and such and talked about doing section hikes of the Bruce Trail. She was unsure but I've been encouraging her to just go for it. Why not? Why not go for it if you know it's something you really want to do?

Well, I think I need to listen to what I've been telling her and just get up and out. Isn't that all we should be doing? Following whatever is pulling at us? 

This is a random, nonsensical post. Life musings without really writing everything that is popping into my head regarding this topic. I honestly think we are the only ones that can get us up and going... and I need to do just that.

Thank you for letting me ramble and let's see where we roam next!


And here's something to go with these thoughts. I watched this video when she released it, and I feel we should watch it every once in a while as a reminder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowshoeing at Crawford Lake Conservation Area

Short walk around Mill Pond, Milton

Camping at Silent Lake Provincial Park